http://jttechonline.com

JT Tech Services & Support Desk

Back to the forum index
Linear

Why is my computer not getting connected to the Internet? (Computer & Hardware Questions)

by User, Saturday, January 26, 2013, 06:13 (1757 days ago)

Internet connection (wifi) is on (the white boxes icon) and all the computers connected can go to the Internet other than my computer. I DO NOT have a virus. I deleted history as well and tried almost every solution. I can open chrome , Internet explorer but it won't load any page including google! Plz help! Thanks in advance! :)

Why is my computer not getting connected to the Internet?

by Support, Sunday, January 27, 2013, 12:30 (1755 days ago) @ User

Hello,

You should check your network settings. You may have a static IP address configured to network wireless network adaptor. If your running XP type ncpa.cpl in the run box under the start menu. Windows 7 - under the logo menu search box type the same thing. Click on the support tab and the IP address should be 192.168.1.X if you are using ATT.(X being a number between 1 & 253.)

If not, check the computer network adaptor settings: Start> Control Panel > Network Connections > Wireless or Physical adaptor >> Right Click = Select Properties. Under the general tab (white box)> scroll down in the white box and find IP4 settings and double click. You want to click the button where it says "Obtain IP address automatically".

Good Luck! :-D

RSS Feed of thread
214 Postings in 99 Threads, 2 registered users, 1 users online (0 registered, 1 guests)
Forum time: 2017-11-17, 22:50
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
powered & hosted by JT Tech Servers