http://jttechonline.com

JT Tech Services & Support Desk

Back to the forum index
Linear

Remote viewing for DVR system (ISP Internet Support - Cabling, Connectivity)

by Rob, St. Charles, Friday, June 08, 2012, 19:59 (1957 days ago)

I installed a CCTV system at my family's restaurant and I am having problems accessing the DVR from outside the local network. I can access the DVR via web browser while I am on the same network which leads me to believe I am having a firewall issue. I was able to log into the router and add the DVR's ip address to the DMZ, but I am not sure how this works with DHCP and the fact that the DVR's IP address is not static. The manufacturer of the DVR has a free DDNS service to use with DHCP.
I also learned that the Centurytel modem has a DHCP server which may prevent the DDNS from working since the router the DVR is networked with is also DHCP -I may be saying this incorrectly, but I believe the modem has the main IP address, not the router - which I think is required for DDNS to work. The modem also has a firewall, but I disabled it. Still no luck. Please let me know if this is something you can help with.

Thanks,
Rob

Remote viewing for DVR system

by Help Desk, Monday, June 11, 2012, 10:31 (1954 days ago) @ Rob

If your DSL modem is running PPPoE than you will either have to bridge the modem to your router or setup a route through the modem and the router to your DVR. The easiest way is bridge the modem. Then, from there you will use your router's virtual server or IP Passthrough feature to forward a specified public IP port to the private IP port.

Hope this helps. ;-)

RSS Feed of thread
214 Postings in 99 Threads, 2 registered users, 3 users online (0 registered, 3 guests)
Forum time: 2017-10-17, 21:06
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
powered & hosted by JT Tech Servers