http://jttechonline.com

JT Tech Services & Support Desk

Back to the forum index
Open in thread

Remote viewing for DVR system (ISP Internet Support - Cabling, Connectivity)

by Rob, St. Charles, Friday, June 08, 2012, 19:59 (1988 days ago)

I installed a CCTV system at my family's restaurant and I am having problems accessing the DVR from outside the local network. I can access the DVR via web browser while I am on the same network which leads me to believe I am having a firewall issue. I was able to log into the router and add the DVR's ip address to the DMZ, but I am not sure how this works with DHCP and the fact that the DVR's IP address is not static. The manufacturer of the DVR has a free DDNS service to use with DHCP.
I also learned that the Centurytel modem has a DHCP server which may prevent the DDNS from working since the router the DVR is networked with is also DHCP -I may be saying this incorrectly, but I believe the modem has the main IP address, not the router - which I think is required for DDNS to work. The modem also has a firewall, but I disabled it. Still no luck. Please let me know if this is something you can help with.

Thanks,
Rob

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread

214 Postings in 99 Threads, 2 registered users, 1 users online (0 registered, 1 guests)
Forum time: 2017-11-17, 22:43
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact
powered & hosted by JT Tech Servers